Sunday, October 3, 2010

Forever In Our Hearts

You may recall that several weeks ago, I posted a sympathy card that I made for friends that go to our church because their daughter was tragically killed at the age of 17.  I told the Mom that I wanted to do something for her and suggested either making some thank you notes for her to send, or decorating a box in which she could store her sympathy cards.  She liked the idea of a storage box for her sympathy cards.  Then she told me that she had gotten 478 sympathy cards at that point.  Wow!  So, then I was on a mission to find something big enough to hold that many sympathy cards.  I ended up buying a wicker chest at Michael's with a hinged lid.  The first picture I am posting shows the chest, which measures about 20 inches tall and is about 18 inches x 18 inches wide.  I think it will hold her cards, plus maybe a few other mementos.  I decorated the inside of the lid so that she can put a picture of her daughter there.  I gave it to her today, and she seemed to really like it.  I am a little worried that the glue won't hold, since the lid will be down most of the time, but I used Fabri-Tac, which is about the strongest glue I have used, so keep your fingers crossed that it will hold.  I almost always add things with pop up dots because I love the dimension, but I decided not to use them on this layout because of being afraid they would come off.  Thus, everything is very flat.

I used My Mind's Eye papers.  I glued lace all around the outside edge.  The photo frame was cut using the A Child's Year Cricut cartridge.  The label background was cut using the Lacy Labels Cricut Lite cartridge.  Forever was cut using SCAL and using the Wrexham Script font.  "In our" was cut using the Cindy Loo Cricut cartridge.  "Hearts" is the Sizzlit Wingo Dingo font.  Of course the heart is a Nestabilities die.  The roses are made by Recollections, and the label with the Bible verse on it is a Spellbinders die.  I think the large white flower is a Heidi Swapp flower, and the black flower is Bazzill.  The blue border with the holes in it is a new EKSuccess border punch. 

I hope it gives her some kind of comfort, and I hope you like it.

The Bible verse says:  Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.”  John 11:25-26


Please excuse the bad colors on this picture.  I was too lazy to take it back upstairs and take more pictures!  I really just wanted to show you a little bit more of the wicker chest.





3 comments:

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

It is gorgeous Tammy, I am sure she will treasure it. What a sad thing for a parent to have to endour.

TraciVee said...

Wow, what a beautiful adornment to the card box! I'm sure she will love it. I am so sorry for your loss. So, so sad.

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Tammy, this is beautiful and I know she will treasure it forever, very thoughtful of you. My heart is with that mother and her loss, wow... that's a hard one. I am glad you are there to minister to her and to remind her about Jesus and His love, even in difficult times.