Thursday, September 30, 2010

Have a Blast

I'm a little sad posting this card.  It is my last card as a part of the design team at Cardabilities.  I will miss being part of this great team, but have told Karan that I hope to reapply for another term later. 

This birthday card was made for a co-worker to give to his future stepson.  I had lots of fun making it, and really liked the great, vibrant colors.  The card measures 4 1/2" x 6".  The scalloped circle border with the holes is a new EKSuccess border punch.  I covered up part of the holes with my paper.  The cog shape was cut using the Accent Essentials Cricut cartridge at 3".  The rocket was cut using the Just Because Cards Cricut cartridge.  As I recall, I ended up cutting it at 6 1/4" (this cartridge cuts the card itself, so all of the cuts that go onto the card will proportionately fit the card).  Thus this rocket is not 6 1/4", but it would fit on a 6 1/4" card.  Hope that makes sense. The orange scalloped border is an EKSuccess border punch as well.  The white star is a chipboard piece by Making Memories that I had in my stash.  I printed the sentiment and punched it with a circle punch and added a scalloped circle behind it.  That was then layered on a star cut using the George Cricut cartridge.  I added a couple of buttons from my stash as well.

The inside sentiment says, "On your birthday, and every day."

Here is the sketch we used:



And here is my take on the sketch:


Hope you like it!  And, I hope you'll try to play along with us!  Thanks for those sweet comments.

6 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Tammy, this is a gorgeous card! Love your colors. I am sure the recipient will love it! Have a wonderful Thursday!

Kristie Larsen said...

This is spectacular. And sparkly! Love the papers!

BrandiLynn said...

Fantastic card!!!!

Wendy said...

We will miss you Tammy!!! Cute, cute, cute card!!!

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

love the rocket!! such a cheery card :) ! will surely miss u Tammy dear!

Char Dobson said...

What a bright and fun card! It is just too cute! Love it! It has been a pleasure working with you at Cardabilties. :)