Saturday, September 11, 2010

Enjoy the "Sweet" Life of Retirement

My boss and I were invited to a retirement party for a sweet lady, who was our contact for a particular client for the 22 years I've worked there (I work at a law firm).  I volunteered to make a retirement card for her.  I was going to put a clock on the front and use the sentiment, "Time to Relax," but I just happened to see a card magazine that had strawberries on the card on the front, and I think it said something about "the sweet life."  That inspired me to make this card with this sentiment.

The card is 5 1/4" x 5 1/4."  The yellow scalloped square is a DCWV card front.  I used Pink Paislee papers (which I love) for the different layers.  The scalloped circle was cut at 4 1/2" (I think) using the Mini Monograms Cricut cartridge (never use the font, but I love this cartridge for this scalloped circle and the scalloped square as well).  The strawberry was cut using the Celebrate With Flourishes Cricut Lite cartridge at 3".  I added cinnamon Stickles to the chocolate coating on the strawberry.  I used an EK Success border punch, some satin ribbon, and a Recollections mini rose.  The sentiment on the front was punched with a McGill punch.  The gems were in my stash.  As shown in the title to this post, the inside says, "the 'SWEET' life of retirement.  It is well deserved." 

I used the current sketch over at Caardvarks and entered the challenge there.  This was a wonderful sketch to work with! 

Hope you like it!  Thanks in advance for your comments.

Here is the sketch:



And here is my card:

 

6 comments:

Valine said...

This card is gorgeous! So inventive & fun! GREAT work!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Tammy, what a sweet card! I am sure she loved it and appreciated your beautiful work. Happy weekend!

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

so pretty Tammy, love the sparklies!

JustYolie said...

Great card!!! She will love it!

Niki Estes said...

Oh, this is so sweet! I love the large strawberry and the sparkle!

Kathy said...

This is to fun and so beautiful . Love all the yummy details. :)