Sunday, September 5, 2010

With Our Sympathy

While at the beach a couple of weeks ago, I got a call from my sister at 11:30 p.m., telling me that a former high school boyfriend had passed away suddenly two days after turning 51.  My heart was broken for his family.  He was a wonderful guy, and surely to be missed by his wife, children, and parents.  I made this card to send to his wife.  Next I'll make a card for his parents.

The card is 4 1/2" x 5 3/4".  The pink scalloped rectangle is a DCWV card front.  I used some My Mind's Eye paper for the background and found the doily in my stash.  I cut a 2 1/4" circle using my George Cricut cartridge and then cut a shadow of it in green.  I added some Prima flowers and a jeweled flourish from my stash.  The sentiment is computer generated and punched.  I also added some blue chalk around the edges.  The pearls are all Queen & Co. (I think).

Thanks for looking and for leaving those great comments that make my day.



6 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

I'm sorry he died so young. Your card is beautiful! Love the doily, precious. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. Your card is beautiful. It should comfort the family.

Fern said...

How sad!!! Your card is beautiful and sure to give some comfort to his wife!! Hugs!!

Debbie said...

Beautiful card Tammy. Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

JustYolie said...

Sorry to hear about your friend.
I hope the card brings a little comfort to his family.

Joy said...

You really have had to make several of these lately....so sorry to hear about your old friend! The card is beautiful and Im sure will be greatly appreciated !!
xoxo Joy