Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hope

It seems that I feel the need to make so many cards for people who are hurting these days.  And here is another one.  I teach three Sunday School classes (on a rotated schedule of course), and I found out recently that a 42(ish) lady in one of the classes was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.  I wanted to send her a card to encourage her and let her know I'm praying for her. 

The card was made from sketch 13 at Cardabilities.  I started with an A2 sized card and used a card front from DCWV.  I found a breast cancer ribbon on Melanie's blog, which can be found here.  I embossed it with a hearts Cuttlebug embossing folder.  I then layered it on a 2 1/2" circle cut from the George Cricut cartridge.  I then layered that on an inverted scalloped Nestabilities die and put another circle cut from George at 3" on top of that. (I think these sizes are right.  I made the card over the weekend.)  I used an EKSuccess border punch and added a piece of pink cardstock on top of that that I also embossed.  The word "hope" was computer generated and punched using a McGill two layer punch.  I added a ribbon and two Recollections mini roses.  I really liked how this card turned out, and I hope my friend does as well, and that it encourages her!

Thanks for looking and for your comments.

Here is the sketch:



And here is my card:





21 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Tammy this card is gorgeous! I love the black accent colors with the pink. I'm sure that this card will help to brighten her day and be a wonderful reminder that you are there for her if needed. Sending up prayers for your friend.

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

Stacy said...

I'm sure your encouragement would be very helpful for your friend! It's a beautiful card!
Hugs, Stacy

Sandy from Ukiah said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL Tammy. I know your friend is going to treasure it. Your bow is just perfect. Do you use that bow maker?

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Tammy, this card is gorgeous and I know she will love it. I will pray for her too.

Lynn said...

wow! this is gorgeous!

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

Tammy...this card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL my friend. I'll be praying for her. Hugs, T

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

this is beautiful Tammy!

Unknown said...

ahhh just wonderful!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wow, Tammy! This is soooo pretty. I am certain that it will bring hope to that dear woman and all that she is facing right now. Seems God has given you a gift for this card ministry of yours.

Cardabilities said...

beautiful...sending prayers along the way...thank you for joining in

Lana Clarke said...

A beautiful card and I will keep your dear friend in my thoughts and prayers.
Lana x

Abby Beard said...

Gorgeous card!! Love everything about it! Thanks for participating at Cardabilities! :)

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

What a beautiful card! I love how you used the sketch!!! I'm sending out thoughts and prayers for your dear friend too.

(((Hugs)))

Melanie said...

Tammy, what a beautiful card. Glad I could provide a file that you could use. It looks awesome. I may have to scraplift your card. Thanks for letting me know you took one of my files I share so I could come and see your beautiful work. I have bookmarked your site to come back and check out all the other great cards!
Melanie

Kelly said...

Oh Tammy, this card is gorgeous! I love the black and pink color combo. I'm sure your friend will feel the love and encouragement you have given her.

Deb Mitchell said...

Ohhh this is a stunning card! My Mum is currently battling BC & she would love a card like this. Thankyou for the Inspiration Hun

Hugz

Deb

April said...

Absolutely breathtaking. :) Thanks for playing along with us at Cardabilities!
- April

Char Dobson said...

Gorgeous card!!!

Sasya said...

what a beautiful, elegant card!! thanks for playing with us at Cardabilities :)

Debbie said...

Beautiful card Tammy!

Jody said...

Beautiful and very meaningful. Thanks for sharing!