Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Little Pickup For You

We have a dear friend who was recently diagnosed with leukemia.  He has been on my heart so many days lately.  He is in the hospital for 28 days going through chemo.  Since beginning chemo, he's already battled a bacterial infection but is recovering now from that.  I wanted to make a card for him to let him know that we are thinking about him. 

It's so hard for me to make cards for guys.  I miss putting flowers on my cards!  This card is an A2 size.  I started with kraft cardstock.  I used a border punch to decorate the outside edges of the card.  The pickup was cut using the Just Because Cards Cricut cartridge.  I think it was cut at 4 1/2".  The sun is a combination of a flower punch layered twice, and then layered with a circle punch.  I also cut a circle using the George Cricut cartridge and cut it in half to put behind the truck (because it just needed something.)  I added a couple of gems as well.  I cut the words, "A little pickup for you" from the Just Because Cards cartridge and put it on the inside of the card.

I hope it lifts his spirits, and I hope you like it!



5 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I am sure he will like it Tammy, it's a great guy card.

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

great card Tammy, he will love it.

Lynn said...

What a great card! This card alone may convince me to get that cartridge!

Beckie Williams said...

I sure he will love it. You did a great job!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Tammy, I am sorry about your friend. I will pray for him. He will love this card, it is lovely. Pray without ceasing....