Friday, October 8, 2010

Hot Dog!

A dear friend's 19 year old son fell a couple of weeks ago while playing basketball and injured his shoulder.  He now has to have surgery to repair it.  :o(  This is the card I made for him.  Hopefully it will put a smile on his face.

I loved the sketch this week over at Mojo Monday, so I decided to use it to give me a jump start on this card.  The card is an A2 size.  I've seen so many cards done lately with kraft paper, so I wanted to give it a shot.  I cut the hot dog at 2" from the Simply Charmed Cricut cartridge, and the circle behind it was cut using good old George (the Cricut cartridge that is) at 3".  "Hot Dog" is computer generated and punched.  I also added some ribbon from my stash and a couple of "skittles."  The sentiment on the inside of the card says, "You'll be all healed before you know it!  You're in our prayers."  I added a strip of paper on the top inside to slip a gift card into.
Here is the sketch:


And here is my take on it:



Hope you like it, and thanks as always for any comments you leave.

7 comments:

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

oh this is great , I love it!!!!

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

ps I hope your sons surgery goes well & he recovers soon after!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Tammy, I am so sure it will put a smile on his face, it brought one to mine. Thanks for your sweet comment, maybe I need something to give me a jump start.. I have such a hard time trying to think of something. hugs

Kelly said...

This is adorable! I love the face on the hot dog bun! Super creative!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great card and I'm sure he will love it! Also love the basket you made for your friend. Looks like it will hold lots of cards.

Debbie said...

This is so cute Tammy! It brought a smile to my face!

Teresa Kline said...

this is so adorable and sure to bring a smile to his face...have a fantastic day!

enjoy *~*