Monday, October 17, 2011

You're The Best (for my Boss)

I hope everyone had a great weekend.  We just got back from a mini vacation to Florida.  What fun.  It was so nice to get away.  We had to cancel two trips previously this year, one to the Outer Banks of North Carolina when my son-in-law's Dad passed away, and a trip to Southport, North Carolina for our anniversary when my husband fell and broke his heel and had surgery the day before our anniversary.  So, seeing the ocean and putting my toes in the water was a huge blessing for me.  And to top it off, we got to spend four days with our daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren who were there spending the week.

I am sharing with you today a card for my boss.  Today is officially Boss' Day.  And I have a great boss, so I want to let him know that I appreciate him.  I've worked for him for 23 years, so I suppose he plans to keep me.  LOL.

Here are the details of the card:

Size: A2
Card stock:  The case base was purchased in a package of kraft cards made by The Paper Studio.  The metallic paper used for the background is Recollections.
Patterned paper:  DCWV
You're The Best:  Cuttin' Up Cricut cartridge cut at 3"
Scalloped rectangle:  Elegant Edges Cricut cartridge cut at 4"
Leaves:  Martha Stewart punch, using Recollections metallic paper.  I used a stylus to add the veins
I also used my Stampin' Up ticket punch on most of the corners and added some criss-crossed ribbon.
I also added a touch of black Stickles around the edge of the black paper.

Hope you like it.  Click on the picture for a better look.  The picture was taken with my phone because my camera is at my daughter's house in the suitcase she brought back for us (so we wouldn't have to check luggage).  So, I don't think the quality is that great, but it will do!

Thanks for any comments you leave.  Be inspired!




2 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great masculine card, Tammy. So glad to hear that you got to take some time for yourself and be with the dd and grandkids! Hope you have a great week!

Unknown said...

Great card. Love the embossing.