Friday, October 21, 2011

With Our Sympathy

Happy Friday everyone.  Although I hate that I needed to make a sympathy card for a friend at church who recently lost his father, I am excited to share this card with you, simply because I was happy with how it turned out!  As part of the current challenge over at Stuck On U Sketches, we were to use a fence on our project.  While trying to think of how to use a fence, it came to me that I could use one on a sympathy card.  Yep, that works!  Then I noticed that the cut I had decided to use really was a fence with a gate, so I did a little research and found a Bible verse that worked great for a sympathy card!  Don't you love it when it all comes together?!?   


Here are the details of the card:


Size:  A2
Patterned paper:  Unknown (I've had this paper forever!)
Card stock:  American Crafts; Wausau (center of sun), Bazzill Bling (grass)
Fence:  Bloom Cricut Lite cartridge cut at 2 3/4"  I added Stickles to the flowers for a touch of bling and green pearls to the centers.
Clouds:  Zooballoo Cricut cartridge cut at 1 3/4" and embossed using my Cuttlebug
Sun:  Create-a-Critter cut at 1 3/4"
Butterflies:  Martha Stewart punch
Grass:  Fiskars border punch
Sentiment:  Computer generated and punched with a McGill punch
Inside I used the following Bible verse:  “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city." (Revelation 22:14)  
I also added the following personal message:  May you be comforted to know that your Dad has passed through the gate and is resting in the arms of our Savior.


Hope you like it.  As always, thanks for taking the time to leave a nice comment.  They really do make me want to make something else and share it with you!


Are you on the "fence" about trying this challenge?  LOL.  Come on over and join us.  Details and inspiration can be found here.  Be inspired!


Click on the photo for a better look!



7 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Tammy, your card is beautiful and I know they will love it and bring a smile to their faces. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord... hallelujah!!!

Nanne said...

Im so sorry for his loss, I too lost my father not too long ago..
I'm sure your beautiful card will bring some heeling to him.. you are such a sweet friend for making this card for him :)
hugs
Nanné

Debbie said...

Beautiful card Tammy!

Anna C said...

Beautiful card, love the fence!

annette said...

this is a beautiful card Tammy ... so moving .. hugz X:)

**Treefrog** said...

What a pretty card Tammy! Sympathy cards are always the hardest to do but with the saying you used it is so perfect! I may have to keep that saying tucked away to use one day if you don't mind, I always have the hardest time with my sentiments!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wow, Tammy, this came together perfectly! Love when that happens! LOL That gate is perfect for a sympathy card .. you did good, girl!