Friday, October 7, 2011

Give Thanks Banner

TGIF again!  I wonder if anyone is as excited as I am about it being Friday.  LOL.  And to top it off, I can share with you my banner I made last weekend.  I've been thinking about making one of these for a while, and since the die cut challenge this week over at Stuck On U Sketches was to use a tree on your project, it was time to make a banner!  I put quite a bit of time into this banner, but I was very happy with the result.  I think it looks great hanging on my mantle!  I hope you will join us and make something with a die cut tree on it for this week's challenge!  And be sure to check out the other designers' creations by clicking here.

Here are the details for the banner:

I used the Elegant Edges Cricut cartridge (my all time favorite) and stretched the swirl1 design on page 25 of the handbook using Cricut Craft Room.  I was even able to make a layer with a decent shadow -- woo hoo!  Each background piece for the banner is 5" wide x approx. 6 1/2" long.
Scalloped ovals:  Elegant Edges cut at 5 1/4"
Letters:  Storybook Cricut cartridge cut at 4 1/2" and then embossed using my Cuttlebug
Top borders:  Various border punches and Bazzill Just the Edge strips
Tree:  Stretch Your Imagination Cricut cartridge cut at 5 1/4" (I added some Stickles to the leaves.)
Pumpkins:  Create-a-Critter Cricut cartridge cut at 1 1/2" and 1" (embossed with my Cuttlebug)
Flowers:  Recollections (most of them anyway, two were made with my Cricut - see below)
Butterflies:  Martha Stewart punch
Leaves:  Spellbinders die
Grass:  Fiskars border punch
Bible verse:  Computer generated and punched using a McGill punch
Rolled flower:  Flower Shoppe Cricut cartridge cut at 5" and one cut at 6 1/2".  I decided the 5" rose was a better size cut.  It was easier to work with.  I have a closeup of this flower below.

I also submitted this for the current "pumpkin" challenge over at Fantabulous Cricut!

I think that's about it!  I hope you like it as much as I do.  Click on the pictures for a better look.  Thanks in advance for any comments you leave.  Be inspired!




My die cut tree!




Here is a closeup of my rolled flower.  I added a little Stickles.



25 comments:

magicwanda said...

OMG Tammy , this is the most amazing banner I have ever seen...I mean my mouth dropped when I seen it . You can see you put a lot of time in it ...I LOVE this such a GORGEOUS piece of art work WOW !Just WOW!
Hugs Wanda

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Tammy, your banner is AMAZING!!!!!!!! Love it, love it and love it some more. I need to make one for my daughter's baby shower in a nautical theme. I have never made one so yours is an inspiration! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Nanne said...

That is just AMAZING Tammy..wow and I'm sure it took some time to get finished.. wow again...
and if for any reason you don't have a place to hang it up at your house, I'll be more than happy to send you my home addy just in case..LOL
hugs
Nanné

Faith Abigail Designs said...

This is fantastic! I love everything about it! The colors, the font, the flowers...and I especially love that tree! Now, I want to make a banner.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous banner! Love all the details!
craftin-on-my-door.blogsot.com

Diane Hodrick said...

Well, you always amaze me, but now I have to find a new word that is 10 times better than amazing. The colors and papers couldn't be any mmore perfect. I'm tired just thinking about making one...I'm going with Boo...lol! Beautiful work!

Carol's Creations said...

Wow!!! This is gorgeous! So many details and I love that font!

scrappinlil said...

OMG Tammy...this is the most beautiful banner that I have seen. I love everything about it. all the time you put into it..amazing. TFS

Debbie said...

Wow! This is a wonderful banner!! I love the colors, all the details added, just everything about it!!!

http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

Sandi Clarkson said...

Tammy! Omigosh! This is amazing! And so well timed for me as I have a Christmas banner project lined up for the weekend ..and I have never done one! But it is another DT project and it has to happen .. thanks for the fabulous inspiration!

**Treefrog** said...

I have to agree with all the other gals comments, Wow, Wow, Wow! I love this, gorgeous colors, and love the banner shape of it, not you normal pendant shape this is so much better, more room to add stuff! Now I NEED to get me that cartridge, lol! I keep putting it off but you pushed me over the edge, thanks for the enabling, oops I mean inspiration, lol!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Anonymous said...

Oh Tammy...Tammy Tammy...
First off, I just looked around your blog for a bit (not getting to visit my favorite sites lately with needing to leave DT comments...ya know?) anyways...everything
you've been posting is pure magic! I always get so excited that you are with us! You are an incredible talent! This is amazing...LOVE the detail of the border punches at the top and the colors/paper choices!!!!

xoxoxoo Leah

Unknown said...

wow that is AWESOME! i absolutely love it!

Sabrina said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Amazing! LOVE IT! The colors, cuts, and papers you used all work perfectly together.
Thanks for playing along in our Pumpkin Time challenge this week at FCCB!
Sabrina
http://scrappinwithsabrina.blogspot.com

Paper Issues said...

I love this! It's gorgeous! All the details are amazing!! =)

Lynn said...

WOW!! This is really, really beautiful! Great job! NOt that I'm a bit suprised!

Kate said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! WOW!! Each detail is amazing and you must be thrilled with the way your banner has turned out. It is truly stunning! I'm blown away by this!! Well done!
Thanks so much for playing along at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Jessica said...

OH GOSH, I'm awestruck by your amazing banner! I love every paper, embossing element, and cut. PERFECT! Thanks for joining us at Fantabulous Cricut for the Pumpkin Time challenge.

Jessica
FCCB DT

Debbie said...

Gorgeous banner Tammy!!! Love each individual letter with all of your special details!!!

scrappingnana said...

Wow, your banner is awesome. So much work and details The colors are perfect. Thanks for sharing.

AmyJRockstar said...

This is beautiful, Tammy! I'm a new follower, after seeing this amazing creation. Be sure to head over to FCCB for Wednesday's Post (6AM EST). ;) hint... hint...

XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB Coordinator)
http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com

personal blog - http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

Joy said...

Tammy...this is BEAUTIFUL !!! Oh, I just LOVE it !! I can't image all the work that went in to creating this gorgeous banner !! Love love love it !!
xoxo Joy

Debbie Carriere said...

This is soooo fantastic!! Looks like lots of work and love went into it! Just beautiful!!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! Pinning it to
Pinterest.com so i can find it again!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing. You really have me inspired to create a banner for my family room :)