Monday, October 3, 2011

40 or 50?

Happy Monday!  Hope you had a great weekend.  Today I am sharing with you a birthday card made for a co-worker. There's a funny story behind this card.  I was told that this co-worker was turning 40.  So, I made her card with a "40" on the front.  When I gave it to her, she said she loved it and then she said, "But, you do know that I am not 40."  Of course I didn't.  She was turning 50!  I believe it made her day.  She told everyone about it and said it was the best gift she had received.  And I really didn't think she was 50!  What a way to give a gift, huh?!?  Here are the details of the card:

Size 4" x 5 1/4"
Patterned papers: K and Company and Unknown (pink polka dots)
Card stock:  Bazzill and Core'dinations
40:  Storybook cartridge cut at 1 1/2"
Scalloped oval frame:  Elegant Edges cut at 3 1/4"
Roses:  I am Roses
Leaves:  Martha Stewart punch
Butterflies:  Martha Stewart punch
Sentiment:  Sticker from my stash
Border punch:  Martha Stewart
Bow:  Thanks to Joy over at the Cricut message board for posting about these bows.  She found the link to this video and gave me the inspiration to try to design my own using my Cricut.  I welded two ovals and three rectangles from the George cartridge to make my own bow template.  I love, love, love this bow! As you can see, I embossed it with a hearts Cuttlebug folder after cutting it.
Pearl strand:  Unknown




Thanks for your comments.  Be inspired!

7 comments:

Arborgate Interiors LLC said...

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL...I love it and I know she did! That is too funny about the age, but that made it even more special for her! I love your color choices and all the embellishments..."Simply Irresistible"!!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Love it, what a fabulous card this is!!!!! I am sure she will love it too and treasure it forever!!!!

Stephanie Dang said...

This card is gorgeous! Love the vibrant colors and the way the card pops out at me!

Cindy Haffner said...

Very PRETTY Tammy!!`

Carole Beath said...

This is such a beautiful card...and I love your story about the age blooper.
Carole

janet dycus said...

i love your bow could you send me a copy of your bow pattern i have the cartridge please

janet dycus said...

i love your bow could you send me a copy of your bow pattern i have the cartridge please