Thursday, October 27, 2011

Memories of Barbara

Hello bloggers!  I am sharing with you a card I made for my neighbors.  If you have been following my blog for a while, you'll remember that I have posted a few cards that I made for my neighbor who was fighting cancer.  She passed away a year ago on October 25th.  She left behind a husband and two teenage daughters.  She was an amazing lady with a positive attitude that kept shining through to the end.  I wanted her family to know that we had not forgotten about her.

Here are the details of the card:

Size:  4" x 8 1/2" (to fit in a no. 10 envelope)
Card stock:  Bazzill and American Crafts
Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye (I think?)
Lattice border:  Martha Stewart double edge border punch
Lamp post:  Mini Monsters Cricut cartridge cut at 7" (hard to believe it would come from that cartridge, huh?)  I do not like the embossing, but it was done and I didn't want to start over!  The small signs were computer generated.
Flowers:  Made from the Martha Stewart cornflower punch.  See this post for the awesome tutorial.  Thanks Kittie! The pink flower was made using the Retro flower punch (Paper Shapers?)
Leaves:  Spellbinders
Small roses:  I Am Roses

Here is my inside sentiment:


We remember:
Her beautiful smile that could light up a room;
Her vibrant personality;
Her positive attitude;
Her wit;
Her love for God and others.
Yes, it’s been a year, but we have not forgotten her.  May you be comforted to know what an impact she had on our lives.

Thanks for looking and for your comments.  You can click on the photo for a better look.  Be inspired!





3 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wow, Tammy, this just brings tears to my eyes. How touching. And so very kind of you! This has eternal value in my eyes. Love that lamp post, who would have thought it would be on that cart???

Kelly said...

How thoughtful and what a nice tribute to your neightbor. There is no doubt that the family will be deeply touched.

The Country Rose said...

Wow, this is just beautiful! What a special card for Barbara's family. I'm sure they were blessed beyond words to receive this.