Monday, May 30, 2011

A True Friend . . .

A sweet friend of mine had a birthday last week, and I made this card for her.  She is a scrapbooker/cardmarker as well, so I love making cards for her.  She truly appreciates them.  And she loves the color pink, so this was especially fun for me, since I love pink as well.  And I love pink and black together.  Since I've made several cards for her, I wanted something unique.  I have done easel cards, which I love, but this time I did a shaped easel card.  I found the tutorial on Beate's blog -- you can find it here.

Here are the details:

Size 5" (approx.) -- I used a Grand Nestabilities die for the scalloped circle
Circles:  I cut a 4 1/4" circle for the outside using the George Cricut cartridge and then shadowed it in pink. The inside circle was cut at 4 1/2".
Card stock:  Bazzill and American Crafts
Patterned papers:  Recollections
Roses:  Recollections
Gems:  I purchased these at Wal-Mart several months ago, but I do not remember the manufacturer.
Pearls on a strand:  Hancock Fabrics
Sentiment:  Computer generated and punched (both on the front of the card and the inside) with EK Success punches  -- The inside sentiment reads, "Remembers your birthday but not your age.  Happy Birthday."
Gems:  Queen and Co.
Pearls:  Katy Cards





Hope you like it!  Please let me know if you have questions.  Also, I appreciate your comments!

5 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Tammy it's gorgeous.. I love the roses. You are such an inspiration... Thanks for sharing your amazing talent. hugs

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Absolutely fabulous! She will love it, I am sure!

Josie0602 said...

Love it! I really like how you changed it up and made a shaped easel card! Beautiful!

Debbie Carriere said...

I have yet to try a circle easel card, but I love it!!! Great colors & embellishments. Love the layout, too :)

Kerri said...

This is so pretty! I just love the colors and dp, and the added flowers and bling are gorgeous! I'm sure your friend loved it!