Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Mom Like You

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!  Today's post is the card I made for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day.  If you've been following my blog for long, you've seen this color combo before.  She loves red, black and white. I usually throw a little blue or something in with it.

I used last week's sketch over at Mojo Monday (sketch no. 186).  I didn't get the card finished in time to add it to the challenge, but it was still fun.

Here is the sketch.  Of course I chose the square card.



Here are the details:

Size:  5 1/4" x 5 1/4"
Cardstock:  Bazzill
Patterned paper:  K and Co. and unknown
Daisy border:  Martha Stewart border punch
White ribbon bow with heart:  I bought these in a little package at AC Moore.  I do not remember the manufacturer, but they were in the ribbon section.  I wrapped white satin ribbon around the black strip on the card and then added this little ribbon bow on top.
Pearls:  Queen & Co.
Embossing on black strip: Cuttlebug folder
Blue label and black scalloped circle:  Elegant Edges Cricut cartridge
Circle with sentiment:  Nestabilities circle die
Sentiment and flower:  Clipart found on the internet, copied into Word and then I added the words (I added a touch of yellow Stickles to the center of the flower)
Blue flower:  Retro Flower Paper Shapers punch
Inside sentiment:  "Is a gift from above.  Happy Mother's Day.  We love you."




2 comments:

Lynn said...

What a cool card! I really like the white ribbon accent with the heart! I'm sure she loved it!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

It's beautiful, I am sure she is going to love it... hugs