Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy Birthday for Co-Worker

This card was made for a co-worker -- one I've worked with for almost 23 years.  She is a cardmaker as well, so I know she will appreciate the time and effort put into it.

Here are the details:

Size:  5 1/4" x 5 1/4"
Cardstock:  Bazzill
Patterned papers:  Recollections (I got these papers in a package at Michael's and just love them.  They have a great vintage feel to them.)
Flower and vase:  Cuttlebug dies (part of the "Olivia" alphabet)
Sentiment:  Computer generated and printed on a Nestabilities label die.  I then cut another label one size larger to use as sort of a shadow.
Fancy border:  Martha Stewart deep edge border punch
Wavy line border:  EKSuccess border punch
Gems:  The white pearl is Queen & Co.; the black pearls are Beads in a Bottle by Tulip

I really like the touch of color in this card.  I hope you do as well.



Thank you for your comments.

4 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Tammy, it's beautiful and I love just the touch of blue also... hugs

Laurie said...

Super cute card! I've looked at that pp from Recollection for awhile, now that I've seen how really cute it looks on a card, I've got to go back to Michael's! :)

Nana Donna said...

Love your card, I agree the touch of color is perfect
http://nanadonnascarddreams.blogspot.com/

Lynn said...

This seems a little different for you, and I love the results! The color combo is lovely and the simplicity of it is perfect!