Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

This is a Mother's Day card that I made for my mother.  I really wanted to make something "different" this year, since I have made so many cards for her.  I didn't want to do a typical A2 or square card.  So, I decided on a card that would fit into a no. 10 envelope.  It was not my original intention to put the flowers on it, but after cutting the sentiment, it needed something and evolved from there. I tried cutting several words for the front with my Cricut, but everything kept tearing.  But this finally worked! 

Here are the details:

Size:  4 x 8 1/2"
Cardstock:  Recollections, American Crafts, DCWV (glitter) and Bazzill
Patterned Papers:  My Mind's Eye and unknown
Border punch along bottom with threaded lace:  EK Success
Border punch at bottom of flowers:  EK Success
Flowers:  Paper Shapers Retro flower punch, along with a smaller Paper Shapers flower punch (can't remember the name of it) and a glitter gem.  The leaves are punched with a Martha Stewart rose leaf punch.
Happy Mother's Day:  Martha Stewart Cake Seasonal Cricut cartridge cut at 1 1/4"

Thanks for looking, and for your comments.



6 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wonderful card, Tammy. I think the size is unique and will be a little fun for your mom. This will be my second Mother's Day since my mom passed away .. still feels really strange. Thanks for always coming by my blog and supporting me!

Lynn said...

What a fun card! I like to make that size sometimes too! I love the colors, the ribbon weaving, pretty much everything about this card!

Kelly said...

Great cards Tammy, your mom is sure to love it. Your choice of colors is fabulous and I love how you added the flowers. Everything goes together perfectly.

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

Beautiful card with wonderful colors! She will love it!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Tammy, this is gorgeous, love the colors. Have a blessed and wonderful Happy Mother's Day!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

what a cheerful fun card. Love the size of it.