Friday, May 20, 2011

Birthday Wishes for my Sister-in-Law

I made this card for my sister-in-law's birthday.  After seeing a similar card somewhere out in blog world (I cannot remember whose blog it was on), I decided to do a really tall card that opens at the bottom. 
Here are the details:

Cardstock:  American Crafts; Bazzill
Patterned Papers:  K and Co.
Size:  4" x 8".  Since my paper was 12" and thus folded would only be 6", I added a 2 1/2" section at the bottom of both the front and back of the card and covered it with the pink strip of paper. 1/2" is glued to the other part of the card, which mades the length 8".  I covered the inside with one piece of paper 8" long to hide any seams on the inside.
Cake:  Wrap It Up Cricut cartridge at 2 1/2"  Since this cartridge does not have a shadow, I cut the cake 1/4" larger in yellow.  The candles did not line up, but the cake did, so I cut the candles off.  I added Stickles for the flames and added a string of pearls on the layers of the cake.
Label:  Nestabilities -- embossed with the Happy Birthday Cuttlebug folder.  I added pearls in the corners from my stash.
Flowers:  Recollections
Branches:  Spellbinders
Pearls Strands:  On a roll purchased in the ribbon section at Hancock Fabrics (I think)
I also used the Swirl Cuttlebug folder on the bottom for texture.
Scalloped bottom:  EKSuccess border punch


 

Thanks for your comments.

 

9 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Tammy it's just adorable.. I love how you added the pearls on the cake. hugs

Anna C said...

This is so pretty. I love the pearls too and all of the color!

Debbie said...

Love it!!! Beautiful bold, bright colors and topped off with a gorgeous flower!!!

Christine said...

Great card! She will love it!

Sandi Clarkson said...

This is just the cutest. Wish I had a thimble full of your card talent! Really neat how it is tall, skinny and opens at the bottom!

Laurie said...

Soooo cute!!! Please stop by my blog, I have an award for you! scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

Arborgate Interiors LLC said...

I just stand AMAZED every time I see something you have created...this is beautiful. You know I love these colors...and with pearls...ah! Love it!

Lynn said...

OMGoodness! I love every single thing about this card! Of course, the colors are awesome, the orientation of the card is unique, love all the cuttlebugging, the pearls, the flowers, well it's just wonderful!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Beautiful card! Love the pearls.