Friday, June 24, 2011

MIA

I just wanted to pop in and let anyone who normally visits here know that I am still alive.  I have several cards to share, and I hope to get at least the first one posted tonight.  It has been a tough week.  My son-in-law's father committed suicide last Saturday.  I am still in shock, and I cannot imagine how my son-in-law and his family feel.  This man was an outstanding leader in the small community where they lived.  He was a businessman and was loved by everyone.  This was evidenced by the fact that there were 2000 people who came to the visitation on Monday night. Wow! You could not help but love him.  He would greet you with a smile, a handshake and usually a hug every time you saw him.  He was a very Godly man and leader in their church.  Their pastor said at the funeral that in his opinion, he was close to being a saint.  Even his employees are devastated.  One man who had worked for him for 12 years cried like a baby.  He told us, "I respected and loved him so much that if he told me to go into the middle of the road and hammer a nail into it, I would have done it."  I find that amazing.  There are so many questions, and we won't get the answers until we get to heaven.  And I don't think it will matter then.

Anyway, I hope to be back soon!  And if you are a praying person, I covet your prayers for my son-in-law's family.  My son-in-law now has a business to run at age 25.  He has the strong leadership skills of his father, which was evidenced by the fact that he spoke at his father's funeral.  I was so proud of him!  But the days ahead are going to be tough.


6 comments:

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

I'm sorry you and your family are going through this. Big hugs and prayers for your son in law and family.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Tammy, I am so sorry to read about this.. I will definitely be praying...you have been on my heart the past few days and this is probably why.. I am sooo sad for the family... sending you lots of prayers and hugs my friend. sandyfromukiah

Debbie said...

I'm so sorry to hear this heartbreaking news. I know that your strong family bond and guidance through God will get all of you through this. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Anna C said...

Tammy, I am so sorry to read about this. Your son-in-law and his family are in my prayers. Hugs to you as well!

Debbie Carriere said...

Tammy, I am so sorry to hear this. I imagine this type of loss to be one of the most difficult. I will keep your son in law & family in my prayers. ((hugs))

Kelly said...

Oh Tammy, I am so sorry to hear about you son in law's father. I cannot even begin to imagine what his family is going through. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.