Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sending Birthday Wishes

Happy Tuesday bloggers!  Today I am sharing with you a birthday card I recently made for a former co-worker.  This friend is battling cancer, and the doctors have actually told her that she only has a couple of months to live.  If you are a praying person, I ask that you pray for her.  Her name is Tori.

I made the card to be sent from a bunch of people.  I cut an extra layer and glued it on the inside left of the card with a place to lift it up to allow more signatures.  We placed it in a central location in the office and had lots of people sign it.  I thought it would brighten her day to know that we were all thinking of her and care for her.  Here are the details of the card:

Size:  A2 (approx.)
Card stock:  Bazzill
Patterned papers:  My Mind's Eye
Card shape:  Wrap It Up cartridge cut using the card feature and cut at 5 1/4" (I think -- I made it two weeks ago.)  I was very happy to find that the layers from the main image on that page (page  31 of the handbook) fit onto the card feature.  So, I was able to cut layers in different papers.
Pearls:  Strand pearls that I purchased in the ribbon section at Hobby Lobby, and the individual pearls are Recollections.
Rose:  Recollections
Flourish:  Jolee's
Sentiment:  Computer generated
I added a little Stickles to the flames for a touch of bling, and it was done!


Thanks for looking, and be inspired!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh my! This is such a wonderful card! LOVE the shape! The colors are great too! Perfect, as always!

Arborgate Interiors LLC said...

This is beautiful, Tammy. I have never seen a card like this. I know she must have appreciated it so much. I did pray for her too!!

Maribel said...

Wow Tammy! This cake is beyond beautiful! I love the colors and that gorgeous rose!
Maribel