Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas and Snowflakes

Who doesn't love snowflakes when thinking about Christmas?  This card is for my wonderful in-laws.  The family gave them money for Christmas (mainly because we couldn't think of anything else to give them).  They can spend it on a trip or for unexpected expenses.   There is a spot on the inside to stash the money.  Also, this card was made for the latest die cut challenge over at Stuck On U Sketches.  We were to use snowflakes.  Here is how I made the card:

Size:  4" x 7"
Card stock:  Core'dinations and American Crafts
Patterned papers:  My Mind's Eye Wonderful Winter pad
Snowflakes:  I used three different punches for the snowflakes around the sentiment, including Martha Stewart and a Paper Shapers punch.  The snowflake border was cut using the Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Cartridge.  I cut it using the "cut to length" feature at 4", which ended up cutting it at 2 1/2".  I cut the top layer twice and used pop up dots.  I also ran it through my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots embossing folder.  I then used a 3/4" circle punch for the red centers.
The verse is my own creation, using a verse I found on the internet as a starting point.  I attempted to make the words look like a Christmas tree.  Did it work?  LOL.  I used a large circle Spellbinders Nestabilities die to cut the sentiment and then added a Nestabilities Lacey Circle behind it.

Hope you like it.  Come join us in the fun and try this snowflake challenge! Check it out here.
Be inspired!

Click on the picture for a better look.



6 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Tammy, this is beautiful, love your card. Happy New Year and many, many blessings to you and to your loved ones!

annette said...

love this card Tammy hugz X:)

Nanne said...

Beautiful card Tammy, love that snowflake trim with the bling..
hope you and your family have a wonderful New Year
Hugs
Nanné

Sandi Clarkson said...

Geat card, Tammy .. and yes it worked! Looks like a tree to me! Love that you reached out there and chose a different snowflake .. total love!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Tammy this is just beautiful.. and i love the sentiment. i am sure that they loved it... thanks for always sharing the sizes of your cuts... and how you made it... i hope you pop over and see the "Blessings card", i posted it yesterday.. thanks for sharing your amazing talent...

Sherrie K. said...

What a beautiful card Tammy! SO bright and I love the sentiment. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment.
Hope you had a nice Christmas. Happy New year to you and your family!

Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com