Sunday, August 15, 2010

May Your Birthday Be As Wonderful As You Are!

It's another reveal day over at Cardabilities.  We had a very unique and fun sketch to use this time.  I used the sketch to make my youngest daughter's birthday card.  Hard to believe my baby is 24! 

My daughter's favorite color is purple, so I used that color, and added some teal to it.  I had this great paper that my friend Lynn gave me for my birthday, and it was perfect for this card.  I cut four circles of different sizes with my Cricut using the George cartridge, shadowed them, embossed part of them, and layered them in the corners like the sketch.  I added some off white lace (that you can barely see in the picture) behind the circles.  I added a heart and butterfly punched with my Martha Stewart punches, aand some small purple pearls, and a little ribbon.  The sentiment is computer generated.  Of course the inside says, "be as wonderful as you are.  Happy Birthday."

Here is the sketch:


And here is my card:



Hope you'll join us and make a card with this fun sketch.

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Karli said...

great color combo & I'm sure your DD will luuuv it! great take on the sketch. Hugs~

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Tammy I am sure your dd will love it. Wish I had time to play.

Kristine Reynolds said...

Great take on the cardabilities sketch. Fun colors!

XOXO
Kristine

BrandiLynn said...

great take on the sketch, those colors ROCK!!!

~amy~ said...

Such a PRETTY Card!!! Love your choice of colors!

April said...

How pretty! I love the purple and teal together. :)
- April

Lisa said...

Beautiful card!! Love your take on the sketch.

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

such a pretty colour combo! love it! :)

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Very pretty and delicate! I love the monarch butterfly on here and your soft color choices!!!

Jen said...

great job tammy!! great use of the sketch--that is a great purple...

Kristie Larsen said...

I love this unique color combo. there are so many fun details on it too that make it so divine! lovely job!

Char Dobson said...

Wonderful card! Love the butterfly.