Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Isaiah!

My wonderfully sweet grandson turned one this weekend.  He is just so cute and lovable.  He has his Mimi wrapped around his little finger for sure (as does my granddaughter).  I made this birthday card for him. 

I cut the Elmo from the Elmo's Party Cricut cartridge.  I thought he looked like he was celebrating something!  He was -- celebrating Isaiah's first birthday.  LOL.  I layered the Elmo and the frame and used primary colors (the colors of his birthday party).  I punched the word "you're" and layered it, along with some little gems.  The "1" was cut using the Base Camp cartridge.  I layered it with some punched scalloped circles and then put it on a star from the George cartridge.  I also used a Martha Stewart border punch on the card.




Here is a picture of the birthday boy before the cupcake --



And here is a picture of the birthday boy after digging into his giant cupcake -- my little Smurf!




You can barely see his name on the cupcake.  I cut the letters out using the Base Camp cartridge, and we put them on toothpicks and then stuck them into the cupcake.

Thanks for looking and for your comments.


5 comments:

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

Great card! Looks like he loved his cake!

Melissa said...

Adorable card and Grandson! The cupcake cake is super cute!!! Great job!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

OH I love the before and after pictures. AND what an adorable card.

Lynn said...

Love your elmo card! The colors are so bright and vibrant, perfect for a toddler! What a blue gooey mess you all had!

Debbie said...

Sweet card for your sweet little one! Love those messy pictures! He's so cute!!!!