Sunday, June 20, 2010

For My Daddy

I am so thankful for my Daddy!  He's such a sweetheart, and my hero!  Bless his heart.  He had to have his gallbladder removed on Friday.  They had hoped to do it laprosopically, but due to some scar tissue from an earlier surgery, they had to make an 8" incision.  But, being my Daddy, he is tough, and he is doing great!  I drove to Tennessee on Friday and surprised him and my Mom, so that I could be there for his surgery.  I didn't make it to see him before they took him to surgery, but I was there before surgery was over.  I even got to spend a couple of hours with him, just me and him, which I really enjoyed. 

This is the card I made and took to him.  I use the Cindy Loo Cricut cartridge for the deer/squirrel image.  I also used several border punches and some Skittles (seems I've been using a lot of them lately).  I punched the sentiment for the front of the card and layered the word "Daddy."  On the inside, I put a Bible verse from 1 Thessalonians 2:  " . . . As a father deals with his own children, encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory."  I also added a sentiment which said what a blessing he has been to me.  My Daddy has certainly been an encourager!  I love him so much, and pray for his speedy recovery!




6 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Tammy I am so glad you were there when you dad came out of surgery. I am sure he loved your card, it's beautiful. Praying he has a speedy recovery.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Glad your dad came through his surgery in fine shape! And thanks for visiting Stuck on U Sketches. I did a tribute for my dad today also ... I lost him 6 years ago but Father's DAy is still bittersweet. Couldn't have had a better dad than he was. Oh, congrats on your new DT!

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

glad your dad is doing well, your card is so pretty, love the color combo

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Tammy, glad to hear your dad is doing good. Congratulations on your DT, how exciting. Your card is lovely, love the colors. Happy Monday!

Stephanie Dang said...

Wow.. thats a really cute card!! love the colors and the layout.. its just perfect!

kitsNbits said...

Glad to hear your dad is feeling better. went onto the pfop board to say good bye but you were already gone. Congrats on your new card DT!