Thursday, May 20, 2010

Forever In Your Hearts

And I made yet another sympathy card.  This one was made for my wonderful son-in-law (and my daughter too) after his grandfather passed away last week.  He truly was a sweet man.  In fact, my daughter told me this week that sometimes he would call and when they answered the phone, he would simply say, "Hey, I love you!"  He would ask how everyone was and then end the conversation with, "well, Nanny and I just wanted to say hello and tell you that we love you."  How sweet!

This card kept evolving.  I had lots of ideas in my head, but most of them didn't work out.  So, it ended up being a fairly simple card.  I embossed one layer with my Cuttlebug, and then I printed the sentiment and then used a Stampin' Up punch to punch it out and layered it on a marquee shape from the Storybook Cricut cartridge.  I added a few pearls, a couple of punched hearts, ribbon, and a little flower I picked up at ACMoore, and it was done!

As always, I love your comments.  TFL!

 

2 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Gorgeous card, very elegant. Love the pearls. Happy Thursday!

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

That is beautiful, very elegant