Monday, July 4, 2011

Rosette Birthday Card

Happy Fourth of July to all of my fellow Americans!  I am so thankful for my freedom.  While the Good Ole' USA has its problems, I love this country!  I wish I had a patriotic card to share with you today, but I don't usually make cards for the Fourth of July, so a birthday card will have to do.  This is one I made for a co-worker several weeks ago.  I'm just now getting around to posting it.  Here's how it was made:

Size:  5 1/4" x 5 1/4" (I trimmed the bottom with an EK Success border punch)
Card Stock:  Recollections; Coredinations
Patterned Papers:  My Mind's Eye
Happy Birthday Medallion:  I found these on clearance at Michael's a few weeks ago -- great for cards!
Scalloped Circle:  Nestabilities
Rosette:  Handmade.  (Go here to see a video tutorial on how to make the rosette.  Thanks Creations by Christina.)  I added a felt flower that was in my stash on top, as well as a Recollections rose
Leaves:  Spellbinders die
Roses:  Recollections and I Am Roses
Green circle border:  Martha Stewart Double Edge Bangle Chain punch
Pearl Trim:  From my stash

Thanks in advance for your comments.  They keep me going!




5 comments:

Unknown said...

your work is lovely. I've become a follower and look forward to seeing what you come up with next! It seems that we have similar styles!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Tammy, it turned out just GORGEOUS. HUGS

Lynn said...

love, love. LOVE this card! the rosette is awesome!

Anna C said...

Another very awesome card!

Maribel said...

Wow! This card is so beautiful!!! Love the colors and all the details you put into it!

New follower:)
Maribel
ilovescrapping.blogspot.com