Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Quick Sneak Peek

I know it isn't much, but here is a quick sneak peek of what I'm working on.  As I said in my post last week, I am working on a huge project for a banquet at church.  These are a couple of the flowers I will use.  Believe me, I have made lots of handmade flowers over the past two weeks.  Some of them were just experiments that didn't work for me, and some will be used.

I started out using Crystal's awesome idea over at Frosted Designs from a few weeks ago (check it out here), making carnations from mini cupcake liners.  The things I did differently is that I didn't use the pipecleaner, and instead of twisting my layers, I instead crunched the layers up together toward the center and then pulled them back down, one at a time.  As a final touch, I used spray adhesive on the flower and then sprinkled glitter on.
Here are my flowers:



I'll be back later with more flowers and will definitely post pictures of the entire project after next Monday night.

Thanks for looking, and I hope you are inspired.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh Tammy I love them! I am so happy the tutorial helped you! YAY! Can't wait to see the rest!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Tammy, they look beautiful! Everything will be fabulous, I am sure!

Crafty Carrie said...

Your flowers look great can't wait to see the finished project. Good luck

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh I can't wait to see more... these are beautiful...