I started out using Crystal's awesome idea over at Frosted Designs from a few weeks ago (check it out here), making carnations from mini cupcake liners. The things I did differently is that I didn't use the pipecleaner, and instead of twisting my layers, I instead crunched the layers up together toward the center and then pulled them back down, one at a time. As a final touch, I used spray adhesive on the flower and then sprinkled glitter on.
Here are my flowers:
I'll be back later with more flowers and will definitely post pictures of the entire project after next Monday night.
Thanks for looking, and I hope you are inspired.