Monday, December 20, 2010

Hair Bow Holder

When I asked my daughter what to get my granddaughter for Christmas, she gave me a list.  On that list was a hair bow holder.  My first thought was, "Hmmmm, maybe I could make one."  So I gave it a shot, and this is what I came up with.  I think it turned out pretty cute!

Here is how I made it:

Wooden background shape:  I purchased this at Wal-Mart.  I think it was $1.00.  I brought it home, sanded it a little, and spray painted it white.
Label behind initials:  Nestabilities Labels 8 (largest) (with the edges chalked)
Initials:  Storybook Cricut cartridge cut at 3 1/2" and 3 1/4" (I think -- I made this last week)
Flourish:  Sizzlit die
Flower:  Recollections
Butterfly:  Martha Stewart

After the paint dried, I wrapped ribbon around the wooden shape.  Then I put the Nestabilities label on top of that.  I added the initials, and then "painted" the whole thing with Stickles to give it a bit of shimmer.  I then added the flower and the butterfly, along with a couple of little pearls.  I used Fabri-Tac to glue the ribbons onto the back of the wood.  At the end of the ribbons, I glued some pink flowers.  And that's it.  Other than the painting, I think it took me less than an hour to make this.  I showed it to my daughter this weekend, and she loved it.  Hopefully, my granddaughter will like it too.






Thanks for looking, and I hope you are inspired!

9 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Tammy, you never cease to amaze me. I am sure she is going to love it.

Kelly said...

This is adorable and SO creative! The colors are so pretty and I love how you monogrammed it and added the butterfly! Good job, she'll love it!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Tammy, she will love it I am sure. It turned out adorable! Love your papers and colors. You inspire me so much!!!!!

Debbie Carriere said...

I love this!!!! I just bought my daughter some more hair bows today & was thinking of how I could make one!!! I can't believe you posted this tonight - so funny! TFS & for the details on how you made it.

Sandi Cl~ said...

Super cute .. makes me want to rush out and get something to make one from myself. But .. probably won't happen .. I need to start baking and cleaning and stuff like that! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

Tammy that is just the cutest! It came out great, she is going to love it!

Staci

Cassie said...

This is a fabulous project!!!
I love this idea!!
Thanks for visiting my blog!
=)

Lynn said...

That turned out really cute! I am sure she will absolutely love it!

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy said...

I love it! I made eight of these this holiday season.