Friday, August 10, 2012

You're Going to Soar in 2nd Grade

It seems impossible that students are returning to school around our country.  But, it's that time of year!  My granddaughter will be starting 2nd grade next week.  It's so hard for me to believe she is growing up so fast!  To encourage her on her first day of school, I made a goodie bag for her.  And it goes along with the latest die cut challenge over at Stuck On U Sketches.  The theme this week is "School Is Cool!"  I hope you'll check it out and join in with us!

I took a polka dot gift bag and embellished it as follows:

Scalloped circle:  Elegant Edges Cricut cartridge cut at 6"; I also added a shadow to the cut.
"You're Going To," "In," and "Grade" were all computer generated and punched.
SOAR:  Straight from the Nest Cricut cartridge cut at 2 1/2"
2ND:  Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Cricut cartridge cut at 2" (the "2"), and 1 1/4" ("ND")
Apple:  Wrap It Up Cricut cartridge cut at 3"
For the toppers to the treat bags, I merely printed them from my computer and added a few stickers I had stashed in a drawer.

Click on the photo for a better look.

And a close-up of the individual goodie bags:


I hope you are inspired.  I appreciate any comments you take the time to leave.  Have a blessed, crafty day!



8 comments:

June Houck said...

Super cute back to school treats for your little granddaughter. How very special :)

Lisa Norris said...

What a sweet idea! So cute! :)

Nanne said...

That is adorable!! I absolutely love that idea and those cute sentiments on the goody bags, how clever!!
She will love it
Hugs
Nanné

Sukie said...

Such a fabulous project and such a great idea! I am a new follower form the Cricut Message Board. I am looking forward to more of your creations!

www.scrappindhilly.blogspot.com

Tracey said...

Super cute....your GD will love this. What a great idea!

magicwanda said...

Oh my Tammy I am shocked I honestly didn't know you were a Grandma....lol you look so young. This is such a great idea they can all use a little boost to get the year started. I love the colors and papers
you used.
Hugs Wanda

Fern said...

What a darling idea, Tammy!!!! I bet she loves it!!! Hugs!!

Debbie said...

This is so cute and colorful! I'm sure your granddaughter will love! It's hard to believe she is starting 2nd grade.