Monday, July 30, 2012

Big Bucks!

Sorry I have been MIA.  I even missed last week's die cut challenge over at Stuck On U Sketches!  But please, please jump on over and check out what the other gals did.  I was so impressed with their designs!  You can find it here.

It has been a really crazy, busy summer for me.  And to top it off, this past weekend, we stripped the ugly wallpaper down in our half bath and painted.  Plus, I had a little accident on Saturday night with glass from a 24"x36" picture frame.  I had purchased the frame at Michael's.  I took the glass out of the frame and put my bathroom mirror in it, so that I would have a new bathroom mirror, without the expense of one (the frame was 50% off, and therefore was definitely cheaper than buying a framed mirror).  Anyway, I leaned the glass up against the side of my bed when I took it out of the frame, and both my husband and I completely forgot about it.  On Saturday night when I was getting ready to get into bed, I suppose I was reaching for the sheet, and I didn't see the glass at all (the only light in the room was coming from the TV), and I hit my arm into the corner of the glass.  Of course it started bleeding immediately.  I ran to the bathroom and saw that it was bleeding badly, so I told my husband we were going to have to go to the hospital, and quickly.  At that point, I couldn't even see how big the cut was because there was so much blood.  I looked in the mirror, and I was as white as a sheet!  I think it scared both of us.  We wrapped a towel around it, and I held pressure on it until we got to the hospital. Thank goodness it wasn't as bad as we originally thought, but I still have 10 stitches in my lower arm, and am thankful that the cut wasn't 2 inches lower because it could have been my wrist!  I have a very sore arm now, so I'm not sure how much cardmaking I will be doing in the next week, but I have 11 cards to make in August for birthdays and an anniversary.  Somehow I'll get them done!

Today I am sharing my nephew's birthday card that I made last month.  As you recall, I made this card for my other nephew's birthday.  His brother also likes to play cards, so he got a poker card as well.  Here are the details:

Size:  A2
Poker Chips/Money:  Father's Day Cricut cartridge cut at 3"
Label:  Elegant Edges Cricut cartridge cut at 4 1/2"
Buttons:  American Crafts
Wavy black border:  Bazzill Just The Edge
The sentiment was computer generated and punched.  I then punched holes to add my twine.
I know he loves professional basketball, and I found a logo for the Milwaukee Bucks and put it on the inside with a sentiment that said, "And you thought you were getting money?  My bad!  Happy Birthday."  LOL.

Hope you like it.  Have a blessed, crafty day!



3 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh that was definitely scary ...

Threadbear said...

Great card!! So sorry to read about your accident -- hope your arm heals quickly.

Anna C said...

So sorry about your accident. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Love the card too!