Monday, January 16, 2012

Thinking Of You

Today I am sharing with you a card I made for my daughter's friend, whose husband was recently deployed to Afghanistan.  They have only been married a little over a year, and he will be gone one year.  He is in the Marines, and she has moved out of their apartment (I don't think they would let her live there while he was deployed), and has moved back home with her parents.  I wanted her to know that I was thinking of her, and praying for both of them.  She received the card and sent me a message to let me know how much it meant to her.  It makes me feel so good to know that one of my cards lifted someone's spirits!  Here are the details:

Size: A2
Card Stock:  American Crafts, Bazzill
Embossing:  Cuttlebug (Heritage set)
Flower:  Recollections
Flower Die Cut:  Martha Stewart Birthday Cake Art Cricut cartridge cut at 3" (see page 40 of the handbook) (I think).  I cut three layers to give it dimension, and love how it turned out.
Sentiment:  Computer generated and cut using a Spellbinders tag die
Pearls:  Unknown.

Thanks so much for looking.  I hope you like it.  Be inspired!


Click on the photo for a better look.


3 comments:

scrappingrandma said...

this card is so pretty....I love all your cards...I have your site in my favorites and check every few days tosee what is new...Thanks for the inspiration..

Anonymous said...

oh how kind of you...
of course this would mean a lot to her...
what a sweetheart, I can't imagine...
I feel SO differently towards our troops now
that I'm older and have a family, having a
husband in law enforcement is enough (which
he's not coming home on time tonight because
of a crash in town..
we need to be so grateful for these people...

so from me, thanks for being supportive to her...
I'd love to pray for them as well!

hugs my friend!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Tammy, I am sure that all of your beautiful cards have uplifted the spirits of those who received them. You are so very talented...