Thursday, March 12, 2009

Let me introduce you to my soon to arrive grandson . . .

Some of you may remember that my oldest daughter lost a baby in April of last year at 13 weeks. We were so devastated. That baby girl, who they named Caroline, will forever be in our hearts. Because of that situation, I have been hesitant to post about my daughter's current pregnancy. But, she had a sonogram yesterday at 15 weeks (a little early, but according to the doctor, for her peace of mind), and we found out that they are having a little boy! We are so thrilled. In fact, my son-in-law's Mom and I both jumped out of our chairs! We were beginning to think they were not going to be able to tell us the sex of the baby, but suddenly, after Mommy coaxed him to show us, we were able to see that he's a little boy. The only person who is not happy is my granddaughter, Ashlyn. She said, "No! It's a baby sister! I don't like boys!" I'm sure she will get used to the idea and love him, even if he is a boy. :o)

Here are a few pictures of our little man!












6 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Awww...CONGRATS Grandma!!!! How exciting and what a joyous time for your family! hugs!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Isn't he a handsome young man... I am so excited for you and your daughter.. well, your whole family...

Crystal said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! CONGRATULATIONS SWEETIE!!!!!! That is wonderful news and I am sure Ashlyn will be fine, she is a sweet soul!

Carol said...

How SPECIAL... congrats!!!

jcscraphappy said...

congrats grandma, blessings and hugs.
jennie

S Glup said...

Praise the Lord....what a true Blessing....I'm so happy for your family...CONGRATS!!! TFS