Thursday, March 14, 2013

If Dogs Go To Heaven

My neighbor just lost her sweet German Shepherd a month or so ago.  He showed up at her door as a puppy 13 years ago, and boy was he lucky!  No where could he have been loved more. Thus, his name became Lucky.  This is the card I made for her after his death.  Here are the details:

Size 5 1/4" x 5 1/4"
Card shape:  Folk Art Festival Cricut cartridge cut at 5 1/4".  The white layer was cut from that cartridge as well at 5"
Dog:  (I know it's not a German Shepherd, but it was the only dog I could find with pointed ears that looked similar)  Paper Pups Cricut cartridge cut at 3"
Halo:  Don Juan Cricut cartridge cut at 3/4"
Clouds:  Fiskars punch
Scalloped circle:  Spellbinders Nestabilities die
Flower:  Petaloo (my neighbor gave me these as a birthday gift.)
Sentiment:  Computer generated and cut using a Spellbinders tag die
The inside sentiment:  "(And I sure hope they do because heaven will be a much better place with them), I am sure that Lucky will be waiting for you at the pearly gates, doing figure eights."  (This is probably not exact, but it's close to the sentiment.  Lucky used to do figure eights in his lot several years ago.  For hours, he would go round and round.  It kept him slim and trim!)

Thanks for looking.



2 comments:

Sherrie K. said...

AAaaw, what a sweet card:) I am sure your neighbor appreciated your kindness!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Arborgate Interiors LLC said...

I am the recipient of this beautiful card! No one will ever know how very much this meant to me nor does anyone know how blessed I am to have this special friend, Tammy, in my life (unless of course you know her too!). She is always thinking of others and devoting so much of her time to create these special cards for others. I appreciate every inch of these...and will treasure them always. Thank you again Tammy! Much love!!!