Sunday, February 6, 2011

Age . . .

This week I have made a birthday card for my wonderful mother-in-law.  Yes, their birthdays are only three days apart (see previous post).  She loves red and black.  So, every year she gets a red and black card.  I tried to make it in pink and black, but it just wasn't working.  It needed red on it. 

This card was made using two challenges.  First, I used sketch 176 over at Mojo Monday.  I knew I wanted to incorporate this into a card as soon as I saw it.  And then I saw the CASE Study challenge 25 over at Case Study, and was so inspired that I had to incorporate that card as well.  So, here is what I came up with.

Here is the sketch from Mojo Monday:


And here was my inspiration from Case Study:




How I made the card:

Size A2
Card shape:  Base Camp Cricut cartridge (cut 1 at 5 1/4" -- I think.  I turned on "flip" and cut another.  I scored the back piece and glued them together at the top)
Cardstock:  Bazzill
Patterned Papers:  DCWV Cotton Bloom Stack, and the other is possibly Bo Bunny, not sure.
Roses:  I Am Roses
Oval and Scalloped Oval:  Nestabilities
Embossing:  Cuttlebug
Butterfly:  Spellbinders
Label for the word Age:  Nestabilities
Black label behind Age:  Paper Shapers Punch (maybe Stampin' Up)
Pearls (unknown) -- From my stash

The inside says, ". . . is merely the number of years that the world has gotten to enjoy you.  Happy Birthday!"

And here is my card:




In the picture below, you can see the embossing on the scalloped oval.



Thanks for your kind words!


9 comments:

Lynn said...

This is a beautiful card! I LOVE the 3D flowers! She will love it!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Gorgeous!!!!!! I am sure she will love it and appreciate all your work. Love the colors too

lynn said...

tammy, this is just so lovely! she will love it:)

Julie said...

Fantastic job on this weeks challenge. Great color choices too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CASE Study.

Debbie said...

Beautiful Tammy!! Love the blue in the card!!! I'm she she will love the card!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a cheerful card, Amy! Thank you so much for playing with us!! xxx

Eva said...

Oh my goodness...your card is soooo GORGEOUS, everything about it is STUNNING!!! Thanks for taking the challenge! :)

Jinny Newlin said...

This is beautiful, Tammy! I love your bold, color combo! What a great design, too! I was, totally, smitten with that postage stamp, card base, also ;)!

Debbie Carriere said...

This is stunning! You did a fantastic job with this sketch. Love the colors :)