Friday, January 21, 2011

Just a Note

My great son-in-law (well, one of them) celebrated his birthday this week.  He is a guitar player, so I know I can always do a music related card for him.  He plays in a Christian band and sings in church a lot.  He even wrote and performed a song at my youngest daughter's wedding.  I'm very proud of him, so I wanted to make a special card for him.  This is what I came up with.

I used Case Study No. 23 as my inspiration.  I had so much fun with this card!  The colors are brilliant enough to make me happy, and I liked the layering and design when I was finished.  I hope you do as well!

And it also qualifies for the Curtain Call Color Challenge 65.  What great colors!  My paper didn't have a huge amount of red in it, but it is there in the stripe.   

How the card was made:

Size:  A2
Cardstock:  K&Co., DCWV
Patterned Papers:  DCWV Cotton Bloom Stack; orange/yellow dots -- K&Co. (I think)
Border Punch:  Martha Stewart
Circle and Scalloped Circle:  Nestabilities
Sentiment:  Paper Shapers Punch from Stampin' Up; Font:  Joint by PizzaDude
Guitar:  Nifty Fifties Cricut cartridge
Embossing:  Cuttlebug
Twine from my stash
Pearls:  Unknown


Here was my inspiration:


And here is my take on Mercy's great card:



Thanks for visiting my blog, and for your kind words.

11 comments:

Sandi Cl~ said...

Oh, wowzer, Tammy! What a great card! I so wish I could make a card half as nice as yours! Love the guitar and all your layers! Awesome job!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Tammy, I always love to see your cards. You do AMAZING work.. this is so awesome, I am sure he is going to love it.. hugs

Pamela Pattison Lash said...

Lovely card and I like the way you used the colors for the challenge. I just became a follower and would love if you follow me too!

Mama LoveBug from LoveBug Creations
http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/

Kelly said...

OMG Tammy what a great card. All of the detail that went into this is amazing! Your son in law will love it!

Davi said...

Hi Tammy, My husband is also a guitar player and worship leader at our church so I always love cards with guitars. Yours is awesome!! Im sure you SIL will be thrilled with it. Thanks for stopping by. :)

Debbie Carriere said...

Awesome masculine card!!! Love, love that guitar :)

Debbie said...

Just love the colors on the birthday card Tammy!

Lynn said...

what a cool card! Love the colors!

Julie said...

Fantastic card, I'm sure he loved it! Thanks for joining us over at the CASE Study this week.

Joy said...

I just LOVE this card !! Love the colors, the LO and you are the Queen of layering!!
xoxo Joy

Jean Martin said...

Wow Tammy! What a wonderful card! I'm loving all the layers!!! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study! :)