Saturday, November 27, 2010

With Our Sympathy

I'm back!  It seems like such a long time since I created something!  In all actuality, it had been a little more than a week.  We traveled last weekend to visit our families in Virginia for an early Thanksgiving celebration, and then this past week, I was working and then getting ready for the Thanksgiving holiday here.  Last night, I spent a little time in my scrapbook room and created this sympathy card for a friend whose father passed away a few weeks ago.

The idea for this card came from this week's challenge  (#16) over at Case Study.  You can check out the card by clicking here.  I really liked the idea of the scalloped circle being offset from the card just a little.  I had fun with it!

Here are the details of the card:

Size:  A2
Cardstock:  Recollections
Patterned Paper:  DCWV
Sentiment:  Computer generated
Scalloped circle:  Nestabilities
Ribbon:  Satin -- from my stash
Gems:  Unknown
Tree:  Cindy Loo Cricut cartridge (cut at 2 1/2") -- I added some Stickles to the leaves on the tree.
Border punch:  Martha Stewart

Thanks for looking!





5 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

It's a beautiful card Tammy, these cards are so hard to make..
Hope you had a great Thankgiving
hugs Sandy

Sandi Cl~ said...

Gorgeous card.. sympathy cards can be so hard but you make them look effortless. Love the offset scallop! Glad you had a good thanksgiving!

Julie said...

Very pretty card, your colors are perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study this week.

Joy said...

I just love the way you layer cards !!! Love these colors and that beautiful tree !
xoxo Joy

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

WOW Tammy, the colours are so striking!! It really pops out of the screen :) Thank you for joining us this week!