Sunday, October 31, 2010

With Our Sympathy

I recently learned that the doctor who treated me for a kidney stone 7 years ago passed away.  He was the best doctor I've ever had.  He was kind, encouraging, compassionate, and had a wonderful bedside manner.  I really hated that he passed away.  Then I found out that he went to church with a co-worker.  So, I was able to get his wife's address, and I made this card to send to her.  Hopefully it will encourage her to know that he leaves behind a legacy of kindness!

The card was made using the current challenge over at Case Study.  I really like how the card turned out.  It seems rich and elegant.  I hope you'll pop over and take a look here at the card I was using as inspiration.

Here are the details on the card:

Size:  4 x 5.5"
Cardstock:  Recollections and American Crafts
Embossing:  Cuttlebug
Patterned Paper:  DCWV
Ribbon:  Unknown
Roses:  Recollections
Scalloped label:  Nestabilities
Gems:  Unknown

Hope you like it!




10 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Tammy, your card is beautiful and I know his wife will appreciate it very much. My dad was a surgeon/gyn doctor and it is always nice to hear someone appreciating a doctor's hard work and love for his profession and patients.

Michelle said...

Very very pretty!!! So elegant looking!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I am sure she will cherish this card Tammy. This is a hard card to make and yours turned out very lovely.

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Tammy, this card is elegantly gorgeous! Love the earthy colors and that fabulously satiny bow! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study challenges!

Sue Kohler said...

What a beautiful card to send to your doctors family, not overly feminine either. Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation with us at CASE study Tammy! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

WOW! I love it! It's quite an unexpected mix of patterns & papers, but it totally works :) Thank you for playing! xxx

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

This is a gorgeous card! I'm so sorry about your doctor, his wife will appreciate it immensely.

Cammie said...

This is such an elegant card! Congratulations on your recognition at CASE Study!

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

Congrats on being a top 3 pick!!! I knew this lovely card was a winner!

Niki Estes said...

Just beautiful! I love the colors and ribbon!