Saturday, October 16, 2010

Today is Boss's Day!

You really don't hear much these days about Boss's Day (or Bosses Day, as some put it).  I'm not positive of which is actually correct, but most websites refer to it as "Boss's Day," so I'll go with that.  :o)  I have worked for my boss for basically 22 years.  (There was a short period that I did not work for him at all.  I left to go to another law firm and stayed 5 months and when I came back to my firm, I worked for other attorneys for a short period.)  He truly is a great guy.  He inspires me to be a better person.  I know there are lots of lawyer jokes around, and I've known some lawyers who those jokes could be written for, but my boss is not one of them.  I've made lots of cards for him to tell him that he's a great boss.  This year, I'm just thanking him for 22 great years.

I made this card for last week's challenge over at  Case Study.  Click here to see the challenge I used.  I didn't realize when the deadline was to get your card posted.  The day I was taking pictures of my card is the day they posted the winner.  Well darn!  But, it was fun anyway.  :o)

I just found out that this also qualifies for the challenge over at My Sheri Crafts.  I'm so glad Sheri pointed me to it!

This card measures 4 1/2" x 6".  I embossed the entire card with a 5x7 Cuttlebug folder.  I layered my cardstock and patterned paper on the card with the bottom layer using an EKSuccess border punch.  I cut the "22" using the Olivia Cuttlebug font and put it on a Cuttlebug tag.  I also cut a Spellbinders Fancy Tag and used the ends of it for a little added embellishment.  The word "Thanks" is a Cuttlebug die cut as well.  I added a few gems, and it was done!

I will give him the card on Monday.  On the inside, I will add this quote:  Nothing so conclusively proves a man's ability to lead others as what he does from day to day to lead himself.  ~Thomas J. Watson.  I will of course thank him for 22 years of having a great boss.

Hope you like it!






3 comments:

Joy said...

Love the colors on this card....and the Lo!
xoxo Joy

My Sheri CRAFTS said...

This is a great card! It's perfect for our challenge this week!

CeeCee said...

Oooh, this is gorgeous!