Sunday, September 12, 2010

Someone Cares . . .

This card came together very quickly for me, once I finally got started.  I've been thinking about it all weekend and couldn't decide what to do.  I really wanted to make a card for a friend who is getting ready to have surgery for early stage lung cancer.  When I saw this quote, I quickly decided to use it because it was perfect, and it was also perfect for the current challenge to use a quote over at Frosted Designs.  Then I went to the Case Study blog, and was so inspired by this card to do this funky flower.

The flower was made by with a 12" strip of patterned paper that is 1 1/2" wide.  I used a Martha Stewart border punch down one side and then folded it in pleats.  I glued the ends and pressed it down in the center, and there ya go.  I learned how to make this months ago, and I don't remember where I learned it.  If I remember who inspired me, I will be sure to come back and give someone credit!  I of course added some Prima flowers and a K & Co. flower in the center.  The vine/stem was cut using the Cindy Loo Cricut cartridge at 3".  The butterfly is a punch. 

Hope you like it!




13 comments:

Ujjwal said...

Your flower is just so gorgeous!!

Sue Kohler said...

What a perfect card for your friend, the sentiment is so beautiful! dont you love it when a card just comes together!! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week! :)

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Tammy, not only is your card gorgeous but the words are very sweet and encouraging. I am sure she will love it. I also pray for a complete healing, all to the Glory of God.

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

gorgeous, love the color combo. Hope your friends surgery goes well.

Joni Parker said...

what a beautiful card -- that flower and the sentiment are both awesome (I'm jotting that one down!!).... Best Wishes & Blessings to your friend. Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!

Olive Juice Studio said...

WOW! This is a knock-your-socks-off-flower!!! I love it! Great blog too!!!

-Kim

Aimes said...

What a lovely card - I just adore that flower!
Best wishes to your friend too as she goes for surgery!
Thanks so much for taking part in this week's CASE study!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful card, love that gorgeous flower and what wonderful colors! I'm sure your friend will absolutely adore this card as it is so uplifting! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CASE Study challenges!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a fabulous, bright and colourful card! It looks perfect...
Thanks so much for playing with us this week! xxx

Debbie said...

Beautiful card Tammy! sorry to hear about your friend. Love the flower!!

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

The Creative Team of Papercraft Star has been out visiting blogs of talented papercrafters like yourself to spread the word about the new challenge blog, Papercraft Star. Our blog is unique in that we offer participants and the public an opportunity to vote on their favorite projects for each weekly challenge. The winner then receives a beautiful "People's Choice Award" button to display on their blog. Gifts from sponsors are also awarded to winners and/or participants of the challenges for any given month. The weekly challenges are posted way in advance in order to give you plenty of time to get your project ready to enter too! If you are not already a follower of Papercraft Star, or haven't entered any challenges yet, then we hope this note from us will encourage you to come on over and meet the growing number of talented papercrafters that gather at Papercraft Star's challenge blog as well as the Papercraft Star Message Boards and Facebook page. Right now, you can enter to win a $25.00 gift certificate for papercraft star just by becoming a follower and leaving a comment on the $25.00 gift certificate post. We look forward to seeing you soon! http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com

CraftyGirl said...

Wow!! Gorgeous flower!! Thanks for sharing how to make it with us!! And thanks for sharing your card with us at Frosted Designs!! And I will say a prayer for your friend!
Barb :)

Cassie said...

Beautiful flower! Great colors too. Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs.